Peanut butter biscuits
A firm favourite with kids and peanut butter lovers alike, these nutty biscuits make great lunchbox treats, but are at their best when served with milk or coffee.
Makes about 30 biscuits
- ¼ cup (60g) butter
- ½ to 3/4 cup (125 ml to 180 ml ) crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup (125 ml / 100 gram) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml / 100 gram) white sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 cup (250 ml / 140 gram) flour
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- Cream the butter and peanut butter until soft and smooth.
- Add sugar and beat well.
- Add egg and beat until light and creamy.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together and add to mixture. Mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Form small balls, either by hand or using two teaspoons.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180°C.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Because some peanut butters are sweetened more than others, you may want to use less sugar: you can easily reduce the amount of white sugar to just 1/4cup.
If the mixture seems to soft and sweet, you can also add up to 1/4 cup additional flour.